About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

THE FUNDAMENTALS OF MEMORIES #1



A memorable meal in a stunning location with an ideal dining partner is an 
excellent way to make a lasting travel-related memory.

Though the shot is not my usual standard when posting, this is on the fantail of the MSY Wind Surf in the Adriatic Sea. The hills in the distance are the heel of the Italian Boot. My wife is to my right.

The chef on board made it a requirement that the meals somehow reflected the locale, up to and including visits to local farmer's markets at each port. Obviously the Mediterranean is rich in local fare.

It is one of dozens of meals I can easily recall from our travels around the world, several from that trip alone. They aren't all in such exotic places, they just have to be special in some way.

(One such "opposite end of the spectrum" is of stopping with my wife at the In'n'Out Burger in Barstow. Just a perfect confluence of experience becoming memorable. And a damned good burger.)

Memories of our travels are the primary reason we do it. Learning about a place, and enjoying all it has to offer are fundamental to building a foundation of understanding and appreciation for this incredible world we're born into.



No comments:

Post a Comment