About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Monday, November 13, 2017

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE



I've featured the below sculpture previously. It's entitled the Seven Magic Mountains, and was designed and installed under the supervision of artist Ugo Rondinone.


(Only six are visible in my shot below. You can see the seventh shyly peeking out from 
behind the tower on the leftmost side of the gathering.)

My experience of the installation was standing along in the rocks, enjoying the bright colors and almost regal silence of the sculpture in the morning light.

Having been to Stonehenge I had to fight the urge to place some sort of spiritual meaning on the arrangement and setting. Day-glo rocks silently standing watch in the desert.

It's beautiful and...in a small way...spiritual. 

You just need to bring the latter half with yourself when you visit.




No comments:

Post a Comment