About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Monday, November 20, 2017

HOW CAN I BE OFF THE BEATEN PATH? THERE'S A ROAD HERE! #1



Sometimes we get the urge to just get away from it all. And I mean away from it all. In my decades of driving longer road trips I've found myself in such places with some frequency. Whether it's on rural roads or highways in the vast southwest, there are times when I'm the only car on the road for miles. And it can be disconcerting. But invigorating at the same time.

Usually we call it "off the beaten path" to put it mildly and adventurously. 
But it's "waydafuggoutdere" at other times when it's more inconvenient. 

It's a matter of perspective.

Either way you slice it, sometimes we simply find ourselves miles and miles from miles and miles.
Sometimes it's accidental.

And sometimes that's exactly what we wanted to find.




Mojave desert. Nice road, miles from anywhere. California with volcanic cinder cones.

No comments:

Post a Comment