About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pic of the Day: JAZZ!


The Maison Bourbon, Bourbon Street, New Orleans, one of the many homes of Jazz -- America's home-grown musical genre.

I am a tremendous fan of jazz, and not solely because my wife is an accomplished jazz singer and performer. I was raised by my parents surrounded by their record collection, featuring many of the greatest talents. Everything from Dizzy Gillespie to Gene Krupa, Billy Holiday to Cleo Lane, and Charlie Byrd to Brazil '66. Jazz was a part of my childhood.

It's a dynamic musical category, with dozens of sub-genres and styles, each with a different feel and approach, yet all undeniably coming from the same musical origins. 

Jazz.


No comments:

Post a Comment