About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Pic of the Day: An Evening on the Sea


We travel once a year or so with our friends Ray and Vicky Stone from Perth, Australia. We've shared numerous adventures with them on three continents, but we also enjoy the occasional quiet evening in memorable surroundings.

Among our more spectacular dinners was this one on the fantail of the MSY Wind Surf as she sailed along the Salento Peninsula (the heel of Italy's boot). The sunset, the cool breeze and a soft Mediterranean haze set the mood properly for the meal itself, which was expertly prepared and served.

I often advocate finding the local diner and just grabbing an amazing burger. But there's plenty of room at the other end of the culinary spectrum.






No comments:

Post a Comment