About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Monday, September 18, 2017

AWAKE AGAIN



Hello again. 

Sorry for the delay. Got back from the trip around the country and the emotional toll of the last two years took, well, its toll. Exhaustion set in. Plus sadness with the news of a dear friend passing immediately after losing my father.

But, time marches on despite our best intentions.

This in mind I am posting a shot of the sunrise atop Mount Haleakala in Hawaii. It's one of the most spectacle moments of my life and worth revisiting. Plus it works well as a metaphor for restarting those things which really mean a lot to me. With every closing door one opens, or so they say. 

I prefer the sentiment that with every sunset there is the promise of a sunrise.






1 comment:

  1. On this vast landscape all creatures reside within themselves...yet none need walk alone.

    ReplyDelete