About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Back to Business




Shhhhhh.....

For the last two weeks I have been living a fictional life.

A fictitious existence of sumptuous meals for me and my entourage -- prepared according to recipes by some of the world's top chefs. Of extraordinary entertainers who nightly put on a spectacular show for our benefit. 

Of wonderful mixology classes and perfectly tuned martinis. 

Of night clubs and piano bars and being carted off on expeditions into rainforests and carriage rides through ancient cities. 

I swam with gently graceful alien flying sea creatures in a grand bay in a sunny emerald sea paradise. 

Had lunch on a remote and empty beach, drinks on a tourist-driven exotic bay, and most of all rode on an astounding journey through an immense construct designed to whisk me from one ocean to another through the middle of a dense and verdant jungle.

Yes. It sounds like an ad for a different cruise line, but all the above was as we were cruising the Panama Canal and other destinations upon Holland America's MS Veendam. In the next couple of weeks I'll be posting new items, descriptions of ports, and the pleasant surprises along the way. 

We met numerous very nice and very talented people along the way.

And today I return to reality. An eight hour "commute" between Tampa International and LAX via Miami.

Stay tuned. It was an exciting time and I'm looking forward to sharing it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment