About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Friday, January 12, 2018

COUNTENANCE




Perhaps it's a reflection of the times, but I cannot help but be struck with the scurry of tourists as they shoot their selfies at the foot of one of America's greatest leaders, ignoring the countenance in his face and grandeur of his pose. 

Have they paused, in reverence for the import of his existence and guidance?

Have they read the words above his head? Have they understood the man, and the lessons he still teaches us 150 years after his passing?

At least they got the selfie, which is pretty much their point of view. 

They were here.






No comments:

Post a Comment