About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Thursday, October 19, 2017

THE MORNING RITUAL



Made this shot years ago while on the road. Palm Springs. "The Morning Ritual."

Oddly enough, I have more of a ritual when I'm traveling than I do at home. There is a sequence, a step-by-step process of showering, shaving, etc, which I do on the road that I don't necessarily do while at home. It's a familiarity, even if my surroundings aren't familiar. It's a way of staying on track.

It wasn't anything planned out. It just sort of developed over years of travel, until one day I woke and discovered I was doing things the same way every morning. 

Once I'm done with the familiar, I can explore the new and different. But I start with the basics and work my way out.



2 comments:

  1. The good thing about the past...it shows us what can "Be"...if doing things differently,in our future, can be much more fun...so if it feels good, just do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice under almost any circumstances, Mary!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete