About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

ROAD TRIP: St Barth's 2009!










"When you look at me, when you think of me, I am in Paradise." - William Makepeace Thackeray

Every once in a while I like to post a random set of archive photos from various parts of the world we've visted. This week, the beautiful and exclusive island of St Barthelemy, aka "St Barth", in the Caribbean. Often called a playground for the rich and famous, it's also a wonderful little destination for people just looking to get away. Not inexpensive, but certainly a good spot to lay back in your lounge chair and feel the cooling tropical breeze as it comes up across the bay.

For more information, go to St. Barth Online


Relaxing on the beach at Baie St. Jean
Sunrise





The Hepi Bar at Emeraude Plage
Burgers at Le Select
The beautiful strand on St Jean, facing Eden Rock
Petrified trees on the road to Saline Beach
North Shore

Downtown Gustavia
Tanning on St Jean




High end options for shopping in Gustavia

The marina in Gustavia
THe spectacular view overlooking Governeur Beach
The island off Grand Saline 





Approaching the World Famous Landing, looking down at Gustavia

No comments:

Post a Comment