About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

BABY IT'S WARM OUTSIDE



Getting towards the chilly season in Churchill, Canada. 

Each year polar bears gather outside of Churchill to await the freezing of the Hudson Bay -- when ice hunting for seals becomes the bears' chief pastime. As a visitor, you can see all of this for yourself. 

(Our friends at Frontiers North can tell you all about it. Tell 'em where you saw it.)

Unfortunately with global warming the bears are having a shorter and shorter hunting season.

Just one of the many impacts on our world.

A few years ago I produced this video to add to the global outcry.






No comments:

Post a Comment