About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Saturday, May 3, 2014

REST STOP

 “You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on.” 
 Tupac Shakur


Hey kids -- after a long period of introspection, and nearly three years of effort (more than a hundred twenty blog entries, and fifty plus galleries on Facebook), I am pausing The Thumbnail Traveler blog, and removing the vast majority of content from the Facebook page. Just not enough of a response or interest for the level of effort it requires.

The Twitter feed will continue.

Over the next couple of days I'll be deleting content from FB. Last chance if you want to see some of the galleries. I will be posting one final note (this one) to the Blog, then letting it rest until I come up with a more interesting approach to attract a much larger audience. I had hoped the excursion to Australia might pick us up a bit, but aside from the infrequent "Like" to a couple of pictures on FB, I've gotten crickets -- and the viewership on the blog has dropped to an all-time low.

For the many people who have visited in the past, and the few stragglers who still check in once in a while, I thank you. I gave it a valiant effort -- this is not a "woe is me" decision -- and simply need to find something that will be of more interest to more people. Attracting 10-15 people per day isn't bad, but it needs to be far better to become a true business.

This isn't goodbye to The Thumbnail Traveler, it's "Stay Tuned".




No comments:

Post a Comment