About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

An Amazing Adventure - a Mini Entry

No, not mine (unfortunately!).

My niece and nephew Kathleen and Pablo Weaver are biology professors at LaVerne University and travel a few times a year as part of their student programs or research projects they themselves are conducting. As a result they have, at the tender ages of "mid-thirties" been to some astounding places.

They have just returned from a student study voyage to Quito, Peru; the Upper Amazon basin; and the Galapagos Islands, with twelve of their research students in tow.

As part of the program, the three professors -- Kat, Pablo and a Spanish Language instructor -- and all twelve students contributed blog entries referencing their own experiences on the trip of a lifetime. Pablo mentioned it to me recently, and after reading a number of entires, I thought I would pass it along with my recommendation.

http://lavernetravel.livejournal.com/

The Upper Amazon has been high on my No Opportunity Wasted list for some time, so this might force our hand some time in the next couple of years.

(Such a large world, such a small bank account.)

No comments:

Post a Comment